Charles Potts Magic Windmill Band’s song “I Live In My Car” has been selected to appear on National Public Radio’s Car Talk album entitled, “Car Talk Car Tunes Volume 3: Stairway to Heapdom”. The CD will be released summer 2009.Stay tuned for more info on how you can get a copy!!!
For a lot of people, the idea of starting a record label is actually something that they are hearing or thinking about after hearing some amazing music. Great music is something that will make a person who is really into music, start a record label. If that is the case, you can actually start thinking about the next steps. If you really want to start a record label or a Music business, you will need to have a few releases, and you will need to be representing some talent. It means that you will have to be representing an artist who is either a singer or a musician. Since the entire music industry is mind-blowing Lee competitive, it would take time and also it will take some experience when it comes to picking out the right people. Music is something that would bring the attention of millions of individuals. You need someone who can put out talent, a talent that would attract some noise.
4 Ways to Start a Music Business
- You can buy a music business. Jonathan Jay from Dealmaker’s Academy suggests it’s the best way to own a business.
- Next, you need to release music that you absolutely believe in. The music should come first and then; you need to think about your profits. You must always think about the quality of the music, more than the quantity of songs that you release in an album. Make sure that you always establish your own lane. You do not have to follow any trends. Real talent will definitely be recognised.
- You always need to keep in mind about artist deals and also the recording contracts. The artists will obviously want to be paid. You need to represent them and, you need to represent their best interests. You need to always think about the earnings from the releases and, you need to be negotiating with the artist how much of the earnings you will be splitting with the artist and how much the label will consume.
- You need to think about the distribution of the music. When you represent an artist, you will be distributing their music. You will be completely responsible for it. Distribution is something that a lot of record labels usually worry about. Record labels distribute thousands, even millions of copies all around the world. Nowadays, streaming is rampant. That is why distribution is something that you will not have to invest too much money into, because people are streaming music. I would suggest creating an application or even getting your music onto popular streaming services like Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music and more.
- You must always promote your music in the most positive way possible. Do not put on any sections of the society just to promote your music.